Sunday, August 5, 2012

Kansas? Nope, Illinois

We had thoughts of following Greensky to a music festival in Missouri, but it was overbearingly hot for outdoor dancing. So we did a little ad-lib and decided to head up to Illlinois and Wisconsin.

Southern Illinois was definitely not what I thought it to be. Don't exactly know what I thought it to be, but it kind of reminds me of like Kansas. Of course, I've never been to Kansas either, but I think you get the idea. Barren, flat, cornfields with occasional windmill here and there. Pretty, but not expected. We stayed at Lake Shaboygan State Park. The park was pretty nice, but we ran into one of the gnarliest thunderstorms that night. Torrential downpour/flash flood status for about an hour and then it was completely gone. Seems to be the M.O of the Midwest/East Coast. Definitely strange for us California folk, but at least the lightning is entertaining.

Tracked our way up north to the Chicago suburb of Joliet. Made home for a few days at a local RV Park and constructed our plans for Wisconsin. Big plans, might I say. When you are dating a cheese-loving woman, Wisconsin comes to be one of the most important places of the trip. So the pressure was on. What to see, where to go, and what to do? Pretty much I had to get this one right otherwise I'm losing some major points. So took a few days (longer than our usual one day) at this Joliet RV Park until the plans were set and to Wisconsin we go!







No comments:

Post a Comment